This week’s suggestions include Iced Tea Day, watching the Belmont Stakes, going to the theater for "Prometheus" and more.
1. Sunday is Iced Tea Day, a day to celebrate the creation of the refreshing beverage in 1904 at the St. Louis World Fair. In honor of the day, whip up a batch yourself, or hit the town to cool off with some iced tea.
2. The last leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown is Saturday – the Belmont Stakes. I’ll Have Another has a shot at winning the Triple Crown, and if he does win, he would be the first winner since 1978. Check out the official website - http://www.belmontstakes.com/ - for more details.
3. The big movies opening this week are “Prometheus,” R, a thriller from director Ridley Scott that stars Noomi Rapace, Logan Marshall-Green, Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron; and “Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted,” a PG animated sequel that stars the voice talents of Ben Stiller, Jada Pinkett Smith, Chris Rock and David Schwimmer.
4. Another day, another food and drink celebration! Monday is Corn on the Cob Day, and you can start celebrating this weekend. You can grill up some corn on the cob, or boil it inside. However you prepare it, it’s bound to be delicious.
5. In addition to the Belmont Stakes, there are plenty of other sporting events this weekend. The NBA playoffs are taking place, baseball games are all weekend and the Euro soccer tournament begins Friday.
GateHouse News Service